Before the July 2 SmackDown, it looked like we’d be getting another rematch for the blue brand’s tag titles at Extreme Rules – but it wasn’t a rematch of the championship match from Stomping Ground, it was one from the June 25 episode of SmackDown.
Now, thanks to the implosion of the Kevin Owens/Dolph Ziggler team in last night’s main event, we’re getting both!
Heavy Machinery won their way into the already announced New Day vs. Daniel Bryan & Rowan bout after Dolph superkicked his partner, and now in Philadelphia on July 14, they can win the SmackDown tag titles. They’re excited! About that, and some patriotic grilled meats tomorrow…
The Planet’s Tag Team Champions are going to like that they can lose their belts to these carnivores without being pinned or submitted, but hey, that’s when happens when the rules are extreme!
Here’s an updated look at the Extreme Rules card:
- Seth Rollins & Becky Lynch (c) vs. Baron Corbin & Lacey Evans in a mixed tag Extreme Rules match for both the Universal & Raw Women’s championships
- Kofi Kingston (c) vs. Samoa Joe for the WWE title
- Undertaker & Roman Reigns vs. Shane McMahon & Drew McIntyre in a No Holds Barred tag match
- Alexa Bliss vs. Bayley (c) for the SmackDown Women’s championship
- Heavy Machinery vs. Daniel Bryan & Rowan (c) vs. The New Day in a Triple Threat for the SmackDown Tag Team titles
- Drew Gulak (c) vs. Tony Nese for the Cruiserweight championship